Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baseball Camp!

This week Cade had had baseball camp. He loved it and I was glad to be able to spend a couple of days there watching him. Chad was able to go a couple of days and watch too. Chance and Cooper loved being at the baseball field. Chance would have loved to be able and get out there with Cade. His time will come soon enough. Here are some pictures from his week (the two days I was able to go watch)

click images to enlarge

Practicing hitting plastic golf balls! He actually did pretty well despite how it looks at his feet! Some of those balls belonged to the boys who went before Cade. He did add a few himself! The field looked so big with all of the little kids on it!

I loved the pictures of him batting from the "real" home plate!

Today the boys got to "practice" their sliding on a slip and slide. Most of the boys took off and slid across the tarp on their bellies..that's what Cade did! Let's hope he never does that in a game...that could hurt! He had lots of fun!

Cade with his certificate and t-shirt! My camera was having trouble focusing and I missed the shot of him actually receiving his stuff. Oh well! He just stared and smiled at his certificate after he got it...funny!

To help stay cool this week we ate popsicles at the field! That was a treat for the kids. I loved the picture of Chance staring onto the field where Cade was practicing his batting!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know he was loving the slip n slide! I love the picture of Cooper eating the popsicle - very serious about it!!!

Sasha said...

Hey thanks! I found the layout on Cutest Blog, but I had to put it all together on PowerPoint so I could layer my pics. Then I screenshot the picture and used Picasa to export it to the right size. There probably was an easier way, but that's the way I figured out. Thanks again! :o)

Hey, using plastic golf balls looks like really good hitting practice!! You can usually find those really cheap!

Tracey said...

The slip n slide is a great idea for teaching a little one how to slide into home! Love all the pictures too!