We have enjoyed a wonderful day filled with family, yummy food, great friends, and fireworks!! Some of our close friends came into town and will be teaching at Horizons (which is like church camp on the college campus) all next week. They came and spent the evening with us and we really enjoyed getting to visit with them. Rob and Mallory both went to school with us and then moved away several years back. I was so sad the day they left but we talk a lot and even get to see each other at least once a year! I really look forward to Horizons week because I know I'll get to spend time with Mallory. She didn't get to come last year because she had just had Olivia (their youngest of three girls!) a few weeks before Horizons. I'm glad they could make it this year.
click images to enlarge
Chad grilled hotdogs for everyone and did a great job. There is nothing quite like a grilled hotdog! We also had potato salad (Chad's mom made), baked beans, and chips! Everything was so good.

Mallory's birthday is tomorrow so I made a cake for her (and us) to enjoy! It was a Rainbow Sherbet cake. It was my first attempt at making an ice cream cake and it turned out pretty good. It was very easy to do. I found the idea on allrecipes.com. Everyone (including the kids) really liked it and the best part about it is that it's very low fat!!

The kids enjoyed some fireworks! Hope you all had a Happy 4th!
2 comments:
I am so glad you all had a great 4th!! I love the cake...how very neat! You will have to share the recipe:)
There's not much to the cake..really!
You slice an angel food cake into four layers, put one layer on the plate, add sherbet, top with another layer, add sherbet, and so on until you top the cake with the last layer of angel food cake. I stuck mine in the freezer at this point so the ice cream could get hard again..about an hour or so. Then I took it out and covered the cake with cool whip and put it back into the freezer until ready to be eaten. SOOOOO EASY!
Post a Comment