Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cotton

One of the things I have loved about being "in the country" these past few months is this view every night. It's absolutely beautiful and even more so when you can still see the sun big and orange in the sky while going down. I love watching it set over the cotton fields.



On Monday morning the cotton picking machines rolled in and started to work picking the field of cotton behind the house. They worked all day....until after dark! The kids and I enjoyed watching the work but hate that the field is no longer covered in white fluffy cotton.




We did however take advantage of having the beautiful cotton in our back yard and took several pictures before they came and picked it. Here are the few I turned to black and white.





2 comments:

Kristen said...

These are so cute in black & white! Turned out very well. =)

Arika said...

Great pictures!! And WOW what a sunset! :)