Monday, February 14, 2011

Going to Heaven in shorts!

This was a conversation that took place at Rah Rah's house on Sunday between Cade (almost 7) and Chance (5 years old).....I'm reposting this from a post she put on Facebook! Some of the things Chance said were things he was repeating that he had heard Chad say that morning while looking out at the birds!

Today at lunch my two oldest grandsons spontaneously began some interesting, hilarious, and thought-provoking comments about things to come. The 5-year-old said, "You should have seen the huge flock of blackbirds in our yard this morning. Looked like someone in Heaven was sprinkling pepper. Maybe Grandma [great-grandmother] was sprinkling pepper." The 7-year-old said, "I bet she's getting to spend a lot of time with Moses and Noah and all those people in the Bible who died. It will probably take her a year to talk to all those people! I wonder what everybody wears in Heaven. I hope Jesus comes when I'm wearing short sleeves and shorts so I can wear short sleeves and shorts forever." Then he said, "Maybe Jesus will come tomorrow." The 5-year-old spoke up and said, "He can't come tomorrow! It's Valentine's Day!" Granted, they don't have a full understanding about Heaven and Jesus' return -- but who does? We smiled, even laughed, at their comments. But the simplicity of their outlook on eternity, their fearless confidence in God's promised home for the faithful, reminded me that I need to have that same simplistic, confident, hopeful look toward an eternity with my God. Thank you, Lord, for precious little ones who teach me so much!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

That is precious! I love their innocence. I love to think of all the people I will get to see in Heaven. I am so glad that you documented this sweet moment for them.