Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

The second grade at Adamsville celebrated Chinese New Year on Friday. They celebrated by having a chinese parade and eating chinese food. Cade got to lead the parade through the school because he has the highest AR points in second grade. He's worked hard and we are so proud of him. He got to carry a big white pearl on a stick that the chinese dragon follows. According to the chinese the pearl is known as the "Pearl of Wisdom". It is said that the Dragon chasing this "pearl of wisdom" represents the Dragon's way to pursue insight and knowledge. The dragon represents wisdom, power and wealth. Very interesting! The whole second grade chanted "Gung Hey Fat Choy" throughout the parade which means....Happy Chinese New Year! What a fun day! Chad was very sweet and took my camera to snap some photos since I couldn't be there.



1 comment:

Jon and Jenn said...

when I was teaching there, they did this too. I don't remember it looking as cool, though. I think that phrase they say is in Cantoneese-- we say "Xin Ni kuai le! (happy new year) and Gong xi fa cai (tsai) {not exactly sure how that is translated but it is a well wishing for the new year}

Tell Cade, he did a great job!

Xin Ni Hao (good new Year!)