This year we had a big garden. It's finally done producing and I can't say I'm sad to see it go. As much as we enjoyed eating everything from it, I must say, IT'S A LOT OF WORK!! I became a master at canning this summer! Okay. maybe not a master but I did a lot of canning! I canned around 40 jars of pickles, 10 jars of green beans, some salsa, diced tomatoes, and peas. I also froze lots of veggies. It's exciting looking in my laundry room and freezer and seeing all the hard work waiting to be eaten! The boys enjoyed picking from the garden. They didn't enjoy snapping beans all that much but they were good helpers anyway! I'm sure after a few months off I'll be ready to start all over again. But for now I'm going to enjoy not working in the garden!

No comments:
Post a Comment