Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Cookie Contest

The boys wanted to have a cookie decorating contest. We’ve been watching lots of fun baking shows lately and they decided they wanted to bake something. We settled on sugar cookies. They had to roll the dough, use cookie cutters, make royal icing, separate into bowls, add different colors, and decorate! I tried to let them do as much of it on their own as possible! They impressed me. I offered some verbal suggestions and helped them spoon icing into bags for piping. Otherwise they did it all! They exceeded my expectations. I was very impressed. We had Papa and CR vote for a winner. They chose cookie number 5 as the winner. Second place went to cookie 3, and third was cookie 8. Cooper had the winning cookie this year. Way to go guys! Way to impress your mom with your decorating skills! 
















No comments: