Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A helper I will be...

When my boys were little we sang the song A Helper I Will Be’ a lot! It got us through toy clean up many times! Being in a mandatory ‘lockdown’ has provided them with so much more time to do good for others. We live in a neighborhood with several families....some of which are older. Where we can’t just go hang out with people we can still help when there is a need.....while maintaining a safe distance. Yesterday the Lowe’s asked if the boys could help with a project. Of course they can!! They have all kinds of time! They helped the Lowe’s put a barrier around their flower bed. They used a drill, mallet and measured some wood. These are lessons they wouldn’t have learned in school. Well maybe one day in Ag class! Where we are missing school and sports and our everyday activities....it sure is nice when they can learn some things they might not have otherwise. The best part....helping others! I’m glad they were given that opportunity. 





No comments: