
My boys woke up this morning excited because Curious George was coming to the library!! He wasn't scheduled to be at the library until 1:00. When I found out he would be there I debated whether or not I should even tell the boys because it would be during nap time (a VERY important time in our house!!) I decided we would go and either skip naps or just take a short nap later because the boys LOVE Curious George! We have to check out a Curious George book just about every time we go to the library. When we got to the library there were cars EVERYWHERE!! Ms. Rhonda met us there to help me with the boys (she is so good to help!!) Curious George showed up right on time. He walked through the crowd to the conference room where the boys and girls could see him and take pictures. I really didn't want to stand in the long line so we looked at books and went ahead and checked some out. Finally I decided we would get in line. We waited for probably 40 minutes (seemed longer) to see the famous monkey!! When it was finally our turn to see him both Cade and Chance got scared and refused to go near him...Chance almost cried!!!!!!!!!! The monkey was really big but wasn't scary looking (to me). I tried to talk them into letting me take their picture with him...didn't work! I said I would get up there with them....not gonna happen! I finally gave up trying and snapped a picture of him by himself. I was a little disappointed that we waited all that time and then they wouldn't go near him. I guess that's just how it goes! They are usually not afraid of things like that...but we haven't seen things like that too many time!
When we got in the van I asked them why they didn't want to see Curious George. Cade said "was he the real one?". I told him that there was a person inside there (just like a costume at Halloween) and that they were really nice. I think he was expecting a real monkey or maybe just a smaller Curious George (like on the videos).
Then he asked, "Is that Curious George curious?" I said, "Yes I think he is". Cade said, "well, is he curious about us?" I said, "I bet he's curious and wants to know why you didn't want to talk to him." That was all he had to say about the trip! I wonder what was going through their heads as we left. It obviously wasn't what they expected it to be..it actually wasn't what I expected either. I thought they might have a Curious George book read to them or something but that didn't happen.
Well the outing wasn't a total waste of time. Sonic had Happy Hour at 2:00!!!! We just happened to leave the library a few minutes before 2:00. We stopped on our way home and got grape slushies and my favorite Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment