Monday, May 25, 2009

A Great Weekend

This past weekend was a busy one for us. Gramps came in on Thursday to spend a few days. His primary reason for coming was because his daughter (our Rah Rah-aka Chad's mom) was graduating with her Masters!!! She has worked so hard and has FINALLY finished. We are all so proud of her and are really looking forward to her not having to be gone so much for classes! Way to go Rah Rah!!!



Gramps came on Thursday so he would have time to build a new swing set for the boys. Chad's mom has one at her house but he wanted to build them a bigger one that would work as they got older and bigger! He worked so hard on the swing set all weekend! He built a 12 ft swing set for the boys that we can add a 10 ft slide to later. It's really big! Friday night the boys helped out a little. I don't have a picture of the final product yet! I'll post that soon!

click images to enlarge


After graduation on Saturday Gramps came to the house for a little while to visit with the boys for a few more minutes before he left on Sunday. We are so thankful that he was able to come for a visit!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Rhonda looks great!! I know she is more than "happy" to be done:) I love the picture of Gramps and the boys. What wonderful memories! Can't wait to see the swing set pictures.

Melissa Lester said...

What a great accomplishment for Rhonda! That's wonderful!! And what a blessing to still have Chad's grandfater in your lives, and active enough to be able to construct a swing set. My paternal grandparents are still alive and so active I feel like I am catching up to them in age!