Our first lesson during VBS was "Jesus Calms the Storm" I was able to reuse my boat from last year for this lesson so that was nice. We did several crafts for this lessons including toothpaste bags, ocean in a bottle, and a paper boat. The kids got cute little sailor hats to wear and ate blue jello and gold fish for their snack! It was a great start to VBS!

Our second night we talked about "Jesus Feeding the 5000". We made loaves and fish necklaces, baskets with loaves and fish, and ate fish sticks and rolls for our snack.

Our third night we talked about "Jesus Healing the 10 Lepers". This was a fun lesson. The kids got to stick spots on their skin, made several leper crafts and ate marshmallows (spots) and teddy grahams (lepers) for their snack.

Our last lesson was on "Jesus' Resurrection" My friend Sasha and I made a tomb for the kids to get in. They LOVED it! We also had resurrection cookies/buns for our snack. My friend Kim found this recipe and made these for my class and hers. They were really neat. You wrap a marshmallow in a crescent roll (tomb is not empty) and then bake them. The marshmallow melts and leaves you with an empty "tomb"! Cool!!

We did lots of neat things this week and sang lots of songs to go along with our lessons. If you want to see some more of the things we did go check out my friend Becky's Blog! She puts different bible ideas on their fairly often. Kim and I add things sometimes too. I (and probably Kim) will be posting some things over the next few days with ideas we used this week at VBS! It's a very good place to find ideas for different bible lessons. Check it out!!
3 comments:
So THAT'S why you haven't been blogging lately....:) Girl, you have been busy! I am so impressed by all of your lessons. I taught the 4-K age group this year - embarrassed to say we didn't have many pics. I took my camera every night - it just didn't come out much. I'll be blogging about it soon, though.
Thanks for the shout out. I enjoyed helping you this week. :o)
Great job, ladies! We are so blessed to have such wonderful teachers to teach our kids! Thank you for all your hard work!
Post a Comment