Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ladies Day!

Aprons- Tied With Love

This past Saturday I was blessed to be able to attend our Ladies Day. What a wonderful morning it was. Laurel Sewell spoke about our relationships with other women, our husbands, and our children. She is an excellent speaker and left us all with plenty to think about. She gave us an acrostic to help remember her main points. I'm not going to go into detail about each letter but I will share what each letter stands for. To go along with the theme she spelled out APRONS!

A- attitude of kindness (Colossians 3:12)
P- pure (James 3:17)
R-respecting and submitting to their husbands (Ephesians 5:33)
O- organized- workers at home (Proverbs 31:27)
N- nurturing, loving their husbands and their children (Ephesians 6:4b)
S- sensible, sober-minded

For Success in Relationships
1. validate One Another
2. Avoid being critical of each other
3. Do not show contempt for one another
4. Avoid being defensive. Don't bring up the past
5. Resolve conflict peacefully
6. Avoid assigning negative motives to the other person

The decorations for this year of course included aprons. I loved the tables which were decorated by different ladies of the congregation. Here are just a few of the tables we got to see. There were 21 tables and they were all lovely!

Each table was different and I know held many memories for the person who decorated it. I don't know who did these first 2 tables. I wish I would have gotten a picture of all 21 tables but I'm sad to say I didn't.




Chad's mom decorated this table.


My friend Becky decorated the coke table.


And to top off an already great morning..I won a door prize! I got to take this apron home with me!!

No comments: