Tuesday, May 12, 2020

My Three Chefs

The boys have been wanting to cook a meal. They do smaller things like make Ramen noodles, cook pancakes, make sandwiches, fix instant oatmeal, and heat canned soups. They know enough to survive 😂. They’ve been asking and hinting at cooking supper. I figured since we’re basically stuck at home with no evening activities for a while that this might be a good time for some learning in the kitchen. They did a fabulous job with very little help from me. I talked them through some things but allowed them to do the work. We started with a pretty basic meal with it being their first full meal. The menu included Ritz Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, garlic toast, and a chocolate trifle dessert. Chance was in charge of dessert. He had to make the pudding and put everything into layers. He also made the toast. Cooper made the mashed potatoes and homemade gravy! The mashed potatoes just required following the box directions but they need to be able to do that. The gravy was made using an online recipe. He conquered both task with ease. Cade made the chicken and the Mac and Cheese. I was very proud of them all for sticking with it to the end. I was proud of myself for not hovering too much and taking over 🤷‍♀️. We all loved everything and deemed it a huge success! They are looking forward to their next night of cooking.
















No comments: