Sunday, June 22, 2008

VBS- 2 year olds

We started Vacation Bible School tonight. I am teaching the 2 year olds this year. All of our lessons will focus on Peter. Tonight we talked about how Peter was a fisherman and a friend to Jesus. The kids did really well. I had 7 little ones tonight. They were very sweet. I was totally exhausted after the 1 1/2hours I spent with them. I forget how SHORT their attention spans are. I had a little schedule all planned out for how the night would go....ummmmmm....didn't quite stick to that! 3 of my kids were young 2's (one actually wasn't 2 yet..but she had to be with her sister) They were busy busy busy!! We had a good night and I had lots of great helpers that helped make everything run smoothly! Chance inside the fishing boat with his fishing net! The kids wanted to get in and out of the boat over and over and over. That's what I made it for so I'm glad they liked it!
I wanted a picture of the whole group to put in their little scrapbooks they will get on Wednesday. They didn't really want to be posing for pictures...they just wanted to go back to the other centers! My friend Ashley made the kids the bible clothes they are wearing. They looked so cute!
One of the little boys working hard to catch a fish. I filled a blow-up pool with shredded paper and various kinds of fish. They used little rods and nets to go fishing with. They each got to take a net home with them at the end of the night.

1 comment:

Arika said...

I loved all the pictures! Jagger had so much fun! He was even able to tell me all about the story. Even though the attention spans may not seem like much, they are apparently sponges that can soak it all in quickly! Thanks for what you are doing with them! :)