Friday, January 23, 2009

What????

Tonight we were sitting at the table eating supper and out of nowhere Chance says "my ear hurts". I ask him which ear hurts and several other questions to see if I could tell if he was REALLY hurting. I had just given Cooper his antibiotic for his ear infection and Chance had told me he needed some "mecidine"! I told him I would give him something for his cough before he went to bed but that he didn't need Cooper's medicine. Well within about 10 minutes he was crying HARD complaining that his left ear hurt! I'm thinking to myself, "what in the world...the child has seemed perfectly fine all day." He's played outside and had a great time not once complaining that his ear hurt. After supper I take off to go exercise and then run to the church building to get my bible class ready for Sunday. When I finished exercising I called home to check on Chance hoping that he would be playing with Chad and not still complaining of his ear. Nope! I could hear him in the background crying. We decide we better just take him and have him looked at just in case he has an ear infection. I head home bible class stuff can wait until tomorrow), get Chance, and head to the clinic. It was going on 7:00 and they close at 8:00. He cried off and on for a solid hour before the doctor finally made it in to see him. Well he does have an infection in his left ear and his right ear was red too. They put some numbing drops in his ear, gave us two prescriptions to get filled tomorrow, told us to give him a dose of Cooper's medicine, and sent us on our way. I am so thankful for places we can go after regular hours when we need to see a doctor. I am even more thankful that we have a place like that here in our small town. I can't even imagine what our night might have been like if we had waited until the morning to see the doctor...actually I can imagine it and it's not good!!!

I have always been so happy that we've managed to go almost 5 years without an ear infection and then within a three day span we get 2!!! Hopefully these will be the only two we ever get. I'm sure there will be more though.

There are so many children out there suffering from major illnesses so as much as I hate that my boys have these ear infections I am so very thankful that they aren't suffering from anything worse!! Hopefully Chance will sleep well tonight and feel some better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Poor babies. I hope you ALL get better this weekend:)

Sasha said...

It is very wierd...2 infections in one week. Just remember that it is normal and I'm sure you aren't doing anything wrong. You are such a good momma :o) Take care this weekend and hopefully everything will be much better this coming week!