Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Five Senses Fair

Yesterday I was able to spend the morning at Cade's school helping with the Kindergarten "Five Senses" Fair. I was in charge of the sense of smell station. Each class came in and spent about 30 minutes. They rotated every 5 minutes or so and were able to explore each of the 5 senses with hands on activities. They really enjoyed it and were all so well behaved. I enjoyed being able to be there for a few hours to help.
Here is a picture of 4 of the 5 stations. At my station the kids got to smell some different scents and try to guess what they were smelling. Some of their guesses were funny! I of course had to have a craft for the kids to take with them (I love crafts). We made flowers with the center being a smelly good pom pom! The kids liked them. You can probably tell by the pictures what kinds of things they got to do. Cade has decided that he now likes pickles because he tried them at the taste station. He has never wanted to eat pickles. he asked if I could get some and put them in his lunchbox for school! I may just do that.
Here he is with a couple of his classmates at the "hear" station! As you can imagine it got pretty loud when they were playing with the instruments! I bet they're not told to make noise very often at school. This was one time when making noise was encouraged! It was a fun morning!

No comments: