
Because Chad and Cade are on spring break this week we wanted to take one day and go do something fun...a mini vacation! This morning we got up and headed to Memphis to spend the day going to the Children's museum and then to the zoo. I'll post zoo pictures tomorrow! The boys loved the museum. We've gone to the children's museum in Atlanta, GA and this one was the same type of place...just with all different things to see and do. I highly recommend it to anyone with small children. We spent 3 1/2 hours exploring and playing and only left because we needed to get to the zoo if we were going to have time to see everything. I've made collages for all of the pictures because I had so many I wanted to post (I didn't post even half of what I took). If you'll click on the collages you should be able to see them a little bigger than they appear here.
Here are the boys inside the UPS cargo plane cockpit.
Here they are in the dentist office learning about how to care for our teeth.
I forget what this section was called but the boys enjoyed climbing in different "community helper" vehicles and climbing a sky scraper (maybe one of their favorite things in the whole museum) Just realized I didn't post a picture of that. There was a section for small kids that Cooper just loved.
Here the boys are snow boarding. Can't see the screen but it showed them going down the slopes and they leaned on their boards. Chance is looking at books in the "home" section of the museum, and they are connecting tubes to roll a ball through. Lots of fun things to do!
This was a neat section (the tree house I think it was called) where the boys could make paper airplanes (and do other things paper and wood related but they really liked this part) and then watch them fly into the holes in the wall after they slide them through the little machine. If you look closely you can see Cade's plane (that Chad made) going through a hole.
Here are the boys shopping in Kroger. This was a cool section set up like a real grocery store with a cash register that really worked!! The boys had to scan the bar codes (they learned what those were) just like in the real store. We got actual receipts for the things we "bought"! Come back soon for pictures from our zoo trip!
1 comment:
Sounds like ya'll had a blast. It's nice to get away even if it't not that far or for too long.
Post a Comment