Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Zoo!

After visiting the Children's Museum yesterday we headed to the zoo. The weather was perfect for a trip to the zoo. The animals were enjoying the weather too. They were out and very active. We got to visit the Teton Trek (the zoo's newest addition) for the first time. This holds elk, grizzly bears, and timber wolves. The grizzly bears were a lot of fun to watch.

No collages this time so prepare yourself for a bunch of pictures! I have a hard time narrowing down the ones I want to post. I just love zoo pictures...well I just love to take pictures period!!




The boys always look forward to getting treats at the zoo. We get in for free (Tuesday afternoons with TN drivers license) so we splurge and let them get treat while there. They love to get shaved ice when we go to the zoo but we found out that the shaved ice was only sold during the summer. They were a little disappointed but found something they could live with....cotton candy, frozen lemonade, and a long sucker. I know that may not seem like much of a splurge but $3.50 for a bag of cotton candy is quite a splurge for us!!!



The boys (mainly Chance) talked and talked about riding the carousel before we even got to the zoo. We were all set to ride it and walked up only to find out it was not working. Bummer!! The kids could climb on the animals though so that's exactly what they did. Hopefully we will be able to ride it on our next visit!








My sweet boys after a full day of fun!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

FUN!! I love your pictures:) We are planning on going next week, my kids will be sad about the shaved ice too! Sure looks like the boys had a great time!