Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

As most of you know this week was Dr. Seuss's birthday. I for one love Dr. Seuss books. My kids love them too. My kids can sit through even the longest Dr. Seuss books (and some are really long!) and not get bored. I'm sure it's due to the silliness, repetition, and rhyming they see and hear. Whatever the reason I'm glad they love these books. We did a few activities this week to celebrate Dr. Seuss!

On Tuesday we had a birthday party for Dr. Seuss at story time. The kids enjoyed cake and juice boxes for snack after listening to a few Dr. Seuss books read to them by our librarian.


Made these cookies for Cade to take to school and share with his class. We all enjoyed some of them here at the house too. If you can't tell, there are red and blue fish to go along with the book. I also did some Seuss hats! They aren't perfect looking by any means but they work!


Did this craft to go along with "10 Apples Up On Top"!


And of course there has to be green eggs!! No ham this time though!!

No comments: