Thursday, December 16, 2010

A little holiday fun!

Over the past three and a half weeks I've probably baked about 100 loaves of bread for either gifts, craft fairs or to sell at Chad's school. I'm about baked out!! I have a few more loaves to bake tonight and tomorrow and then my kitchen is going to shut down for a while.....well at least from bread baking! Even with all the baking I've done, which has taken up lots of my time, we have managed to squeeze in some time to make some fun Christmas treats for ourselves and others!

Chance got a cute stocking cookie cutter on Sunday from his bible class teacher Mrs. Kim. We used it the very next day to make cute stocking sandwiches! It doesn't take much to impress little ones!! Give them some M&M,s to decorate with and they are super happy!




The boys helped make goodies to take to their bible class teachers and neighbors! They love being able to help and this was a super easy treat and it turned out cute!

First they had to unwrap a LOT of hershey kisses. They wanted to eat them so bad! I told them as soon as they got every one unwrapped they could eat ONE!!


Then they had to place a hershey kiss on every pretzel!


I added the M&M,s because I was afraid they would get melted chocolate everywhere. After letting them cool we packaged them and they were ready to hand out.


Earlier in the week we made reindeer cupcakes! The kids each got to decorate one by themselves which only lasted long enough for me to snap a picture. They gobbled them up quickly!


I decorated about 20 more to take to Cade's school. As soon as we got to school Cooper dumped one container out onto the parking lot while getting out of the van. THANKFULLY they weren't all in the same container. And it just so happened that Cade's class had 8 kids out with the stomach bug so we had plenty of unharmed reindeer for the kids to enjoy!! Whew!

1 comment:

Arika said...

You always have the funnest, cutest ideas!! Love it!