Monday, June 18, 2018

Let's Run!

Over the past few months I've started running more. I used to run a lot years ago and then surgery, life, work, busyness with kids, etc got in the way and I just stopped doing it so much. I'd go here and there....just enough to feel good about myself! My friend Caileigh and I have started training for a 10K! It's been YEARS since I've run one but we are signed up to run one. I'm excited and nervous. I know 6.2 miles isn't anything compared to these Marathoners but for us it's a big deal. Most early mornings and some nights you can find us at the park getting in some miles. We aren't super fast or anything but I'm not concerned about speed at the moment. I'm just trying to gain distance. When life gets tough and you need some stress relief running (and walking) is great therapy.  I'm here to tell you it helps mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually! I've needed this in my life big time lately! When you have friends to share in it with you it's even better!




No comments: