Chad and I had a date night tonight while our boys stayed with some friends (the Hartman's) from church. They'd been asking to keep them for a couple months now so we finally picked a day and made it happen. Chad wouldn't tell me what we were going to do for our date. I'm not a big fan of surprises but he was determined not to tell me. The only thing I knew for certain was that there would be sushi! After sushi, which was amazing, he took me to a shooting range. I was totally not expecting that! I've never been to one before and have only shot a gun a few times in my life. It was really fun. It was extremely loud and I still have a slight headache from the noise but I'd definitely do it again.....maybe with a little better ear protection than they gave us. I did pretty well when the target was just 5 yards out. When we moved it out to 7 and then 8.5 yards I didn't do so hot. Basically if the enemy is close he's a goner! If he's more than about 5 or 6 yards he might live....ha! I did at least hit the paper but not exactly where I was aiming. I'm sure with some practice I'll improve. It WAS my first time ever so I'm not going to be too hard on myself. We did some major damage on that paper target though! Chad was much better than me when shooting at a farther distance. When we compared our first 5 shots each(at 5 yards away) I had more inside the square!! Actually 4 were in the square and 1 on the line! Not bad! I'm looking forward to when we can go again. We also bowled a couple games. We both had a good first game. The second game was not so good for me. I didn't even bother taking a picture it was so bad! LOL! We got some coffee on the way home and then disappointed the boys by making them leave Mrs. Sarah and Mr. Carl's house. They were having so much fun with them. It was a great night for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment